Top 10 Violin Left Hand Mistakes
Free Practice Guide:
Here’s a compilation of the top 10 most common mistakes that occurs in the left hand. Think of it as a check list of things to correct during your practice. Correcting them will form good fundamental habits. APPLY this to your practice, and let me know what your biggest takeaway is in the comments below.
If this video helped, please like and Subscribe!
1. Gripping the neck (00:36)
2. Motion not from base knuckle joint (02:15)
3. Crooked Wrist (03:50)
4. Incorrect balance (05:11)
5. Unnecessary Tension (06:49)
6. No or bad frame (08:04)
7. Bad elbow alignment (09:52)
8. String not depressed completely (10:21)
9. Not shifting with right finger/bow (13:06)
10. Incorrect timing (16:23)